Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Transitioning back from Mac to PC? Lots of questions

Astrid,

Regarding browsers, I find that the latest versions of both Chrome and
Firefox work well with recent versions of JAWS. IE also still works well
from my experience in most cases. (It's still my default browser.)

I use Thunderbird for email and love it. It's quite accessible with JAWS.

If you like your iPhone (as I like mine) you might find that some things
are even easier on the iPhone than on the PC. For instance, I use the
iOS Facebook app even though the mobile Facebook site is accessible. The
Kindle app on the iPhone is accessible as is the Audible app and the
BARD app if you have access to BARD.

There are several podcast apps for the iPhone that are quite accessible
and popular. And you might want to try Lire for your blogs.

Many people like iPhone apps for Twitter, but I greatly prefer TWBlue on
my Windows 10 computer.

As far as syncing files between Windows and iOS is concerned, Dropbox
works quite well for this. You can also use Google Drive or OneDrive
from Microsoft. I understand you can use iCloud even now, but I haven't
done this myself. And as of iOS 13 being released this fall, it
definitely should work even better with the new updated Files app.

I'd be willing to bet that you will find Windows 10 with JAWS to be a
much more pleasant experience than you had with your mac. Good luck.

Jeff