Re: JAWS Shutdown Sound

Steve

Did you do it manually or use their hacks program; and, did you execute all three of the events by changing the value to zero?

Steve

----- Original Message -----
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS Shutdown Sound

I tried it and still no shut down sound.
----- Original Message -----
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS Shutdown Sound

According to this How To Geek article, you have to now edit the registry to get the exit windows sound back.
Up to you if you want to do this, but this is the link to the article I found:
https://www.howtogeek.com/274010/how-to-change-the-windows-10-logoff-logon-and-shutdown-sounds-in-windows-10/

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com
“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 3:09 AM
To: JAWS Users <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS Shutdown Sound

One of the most annoying things about running Windows 10 is that there is no shutdown sound to indicate that your computer has shut down like in previous versions of Windows.?? The only reliable way to determine for sure that your computer has shut down completely is to listen for the internal cooling fan to stop spinning, which is not always possible, especially with a laptop whose internal fan may emit little or no noise.?? But the next best thing would be to have JAWS issue a shutdown sound whenever you close it manually or you shut down your computer.?? Is there any way to assign a shutdown sound to JAWS??? That other unmentionable screen reader has a shutdown sound, so I don't see any reason why JAWS couldn't have one, also.

Gerald

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.