Re: Filling out an envelope

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

Hi, Ron, this is Judy.

Very sorry, but I am not remembering you from other than the e-mail lists.  I am from out west, originally Colorado Springs.

I was a “ham” a long time ago with WN0CGG while I was growing up, but we moved overseas with my Air Force father, and I had to give it up, as we lived in West Germany’s buffer zone.

Regarding the envelope, it will depend on your printer instructions, but I am guessing that the envelope would go in on the top of the printer tray lid, just inside those adjustable pieces.  It will probably go flap down and guessing again, lengthwise.

You’ll have to give it a try.  I am going to do the same, just for fun, haven’t tried it with our new laser printer.  I usually type all our envelopes.

Even at work, no one learned how to use our fancy-dancy printer/faxer/copier to do envelopes, and we all just typed them on our office’s IBM Selectric 2.

None of us ever thought of trying Becky’s idea of typing in a word doc first, and letting the mailings tab place the addresses properly.  None of us knew to do that.

I should employ her technique also when creating labels.  We all just pulled up the mailings tab, then typed in the information, and it never worked.  I gave up and started downloading from Avery.

Thanks Becky!

Hope this works for you, Ron, and let us know how it goes.

Judy