Re: question downloading Office 365

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

It should allow you to download a copy rather than just using the cloud.
I'd call Microsoft to make sure, but I have it on both my wife's and my computer; but I started the subscription a couple years ago and it certainly was a download and install deal then.
Richard

On Jun 21, 2019, at 8:23 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

I currently have an old copy of Office 2010 that I installed from a CD.  I’m thinking of moving to the subscription to Office 365.  I’ve heard a couple of you mentioned cloud based office products.  If I purchase the Office 365 subscription from the Microsoft store, is it a given that I can download local copies of the Office products to run on my computer?  I’m just a bit confused on this aspect.  It seems that JAWS runs better and I’m certainly more comfortable with having local copies of Office.  Is there a reason people wouldn’t install it locally?

Running Win10 and latest JAWS 2019.

Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114