Re: Compatibility with Medical Charting Software

Richard Turner

I don’t know about that software in particular, but I know that most hospitals will not allow third party software access to patient information.

I work for a rehabilitation agency and our staff who deal with job site accessibility run into this all the time.

Have you talked to their I.T. staff to find out if they are willing to put Jaws on their system?

I hope they are and that the software won’t require thousands of dollars worth of scripting, but it probably will.

Good luck,

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of kelsiwatters@...
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 6:22 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Compatibility with Medical Charting Software

Hello JAWS Users,

I am a totally blind JAWS user. I will be starting a hospital residency in August. A requirement of this residency is to write charting notes in the hospital’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR), through the hospital’s secure IntraNet. The charting software used by this hospital is Cerner/PowerChart. Does anybody know about the compatibility of this software with JAWS 18?

Thank you,

Kelsi Watters

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.