Printing An Envelope, Microsoft Says

Rebecca Lineberger

The trick to printing an envelope is knowing which way to feed the envelope into your printer. Word gets information from your printer and shows you the

right feed option.

list of 3 items

1. Go to Mailings > Envelopes, and enter delivery and return addresses.

2. Place the blank envelope in the printer tray, according to the diagram in the Feed box.

3. Select Print.

list end

So obviously if your printer is new, you may have to have sighted assistance to see how the envelope should be inserted.  My HP has a dedicated envelope tray.  The envelope goes in flap-side down and on the left.  After that and especially if you’re using a standard envelope, 4 X 10 I think it is, Word should be able to print it properly without doing anything else.  There is an options button if you keep tabbing and a combo box to choose another size.  Some printers have a dedicated button to print the envelope after you’ve pressed the print button.  Others don’t and you may have a continue button in a dialog box that appears on the screen.  Depending on what has focus, you may have to alt-tab to get to it.  I haven’t done it in a while, but I think just pressing alt-c worked.  You may have to play with it to see how yours works.

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.