Re: work day

Van Lant, Robin

Glenn,

Workday is software to manage personnel information for companies. We use it here at my company. Workday has been working on accessibility. When I started using it a couple years ago, they had a special link within the software for a supposedly accessible version. Now they have integrated accessibility into the main program. The tricky part is that Workday is highly customizable by a company. I have heard of people outside my company that love Workday, but everyone here at my company thinks its terrible. I'm not even talking about blind people. What I find very challenging with it is that, at least for the way our company implemented it, there is so much clutter on the screens and it's really hard to find things. I'm a manager, so I have to do extra stuff aside from the basics. I'd say a lot is read by JAWS, but it's hard to decipher where I'm supposed to go and what to click. Again, even my sighted colleagues find our version confusing. There is one design issue I definitely find an access issue wit. If I come to a field and have to select from a few choices, Workday does not present it as a drop down list or combo box. Instead, JAWS sees at as an edit field, but it's not the kind where you can start typing and select from autocomplete options. Instead, there is a little icon to the far right of the edit box where you are supposed to click and then a list appears, but the list is not accessible. That is my one consistent access problem, aside from the general navigation issues.

Happy to give more insights, with the caveat that each company can customize, so your experience will likely feel a bit different.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:19 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] work day

Has anyone heard of a platform named work day? Is it accessible?

Justin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.