Re: annual license for Open Book?

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Since I use k1000 in my practice all day long .its very intuitive to me .as well have all kinds of  OCR apps on my smart phones as well.so for me OCR is a key part of my life both in professional and personal life.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] annual license for Open Book?

Indeed. I know everyone’s needs are different and if you’ve got a lot of physical documents you want to be able to scan, you may still need a program like this, but honestly, I don’t think I’ve used a stand alone OCR scanning software in a while and have done so sporadically in general for a good long while now. In my case it’s Kurzweil 1000, but still. I do it so infrequently now that it takes me a minute to figure out what I’m doing instead of it coming to me second nature.

Between the enhanced Jaws OCR and the various iOS OCR solutions, it’s no wonder programs like these aren’t receiving the attention they once did.

I’m not saying that they’re not needed anymore per say since again, folks still receive paper documents and not everyone’s got a smart device, but from how it was before to now. It really is every blue moon.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:35 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

as a long time Openbook user, and one who had been on their private beta team for close to ten years, I can say, they have done nothing significant with OpenBook for several years; but you all have already received something new from them.

The updates to the Convenient OCR and Picture Smart have been good additions.

Whether they are planning to put all the extra features from OpenBook into convenient OCR is anyone's guess.

I personally have concluded that OpenBook is what it is and will no longer be updated. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 18, 2019, at 2:17 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Perhaps they can have an auto detect for scanning devices with a bunch of needed drivers.

I have difficulty with it finding my canon 650U scanner in Windows 7, and there are none at Canon for Windows 7.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:36 PM

honestly, i really don't know.?? but just the thought that they haven't
done anything with it kind of makes it feel rather antequaited.?? maybe i
am wrong here and i am certainly no expert.

On 6/18/2019 4:29 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
> What more could be done to it in your opinion?
>
> *From:* cecropia64 <mailto:cecropia64@...>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:14 PM
> *To:* jaws-users-list@groups.io <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>
> *Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] annual license for Open Book?
>
> true.?? they haven't updated it in a few years now and it would be nice
> to see something new from them sometime in the near future.
>
> On 6/18/2019 4:13 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
> > I don't get the impression that OpenBook is being updated with
> enough frequency to justify paying an annual license for it.
> >
> > Alan Lemly
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>
> [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Russillo
> > Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:27 PM
> > To: jaws-users-list@groups.io <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>
> > Subject: [jaws-users] annual license for Open Book?
> >
> > Hi all.?? Since there's now an annual license for Jaws home users,
> has FS or Vispero considered having something similar for Open Book
> software??? Just curious; thanks.
> >
> >
> > Peter
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.