Re: annual license for Open Book?

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Since I use k1000 in my practice all day long .its very intuitive to me .as well have all kinds of  OCR apps on my smart phones as well.so for me OCR is a key part of my life both in professional and personal life.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] annual license for Open Book?

Indeed. I know everyone’s needs are different and if you’ve got a lot of physical documents you want to be able to scan, you may still need a program like this, but honestly, I don’t think I’ve used a stand alone OCR scanning software in a while and have done so sporadically in general for a good long while now. In my case it’s Kurzweil 1000, but still. I do it so infrequently now that it takes me a minute to figure out what I’m doing instead of it coming to me second nature.

Between the enhanced Jaws OCR and the various iOS OCR solutions, it’s no wonder programs like these aren’t receiving the attention they once did.

I’m not saying that they’re not needed anymore per say since again, folks still receive paper documents and not everyone’s got a smart device, but from how it was before to now. It really is every blue moon.