Re: An Outlook issue with JAWS, let the finger pointing begin

JOHN RIEHL

This happens in Office 2019.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 7:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] An Outlook issue with JAWS, let the finger pointing begin

Check that you haven’t inadvertently enabled the simplified ribbon interface in recent versions of Office 365. It affects some of the keyboard commands for the ribbon. The easiest solution for now is to turn it off. There’s a button for controlling it.

From: <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Michael Mote <miketmote73@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:11
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Good morning all.  I just spent the last half hour on the phone with Microsoft reporting an Outlook issue.  The hot key combination Alt Plus the letter H followed by the letter U will not bring up the scheduling assistant when sending an appointment from the calendar.  I have had this issue reported to me by others here at work.  I have tried it with JAWS, and cannot get it to work for me.  I have found the scheduling assistant using the search method in Outlook, so I know we haven't disabled this functionality here on our end.

Using the scheduling assistant is very helpful, when I am trying to set up a meeting with one or more others in my organization.  Microsoft says no one else has complained.  I talked with Vispero Tech support, and they blame Microsoft.  Meanwhile, I can't get a resolution to this issue, and probably won't unless a random update comes along and resolves the problem. The blame game doesn't help customers.  I wish we could get better support than this from both parties, instead of each blaming the other.  I'm a little frustrated with this type of response.