Re: An Outlook issue with JAWS, let the finger pointing begin

JOHN RIEHL

For what it’s worth, I just tried this with the latest version of NVDA and I NVDA exhibits the same exact behavior.

So this is probably not a JAWS-specific issue.  John

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Fairhurst
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 5:17 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] An Outlook issue with JAWS, let the finger pointing begin

I hate to pile on, but the issue of reading and editing group contacts is no closer to resolution. Another blame game issue.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 11:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] An Outlook issue with JAWS, let the finger pointing begin

Good morning all.  I just spent the last half hour on the phone with Microsoft reporting an Outlook issue.  The hot key combination Alt Plus the letter H followed by the letter U will not bring up the scheduling assistant when sending an appointment from the calendar.  I have had this issue reported to me by others here at work.  I have tried it with JAWS, and cannot get it to work for me.  I have found the scheduling assistant using the search method in Outlook, so I know we haven't disabled this functionality here on our end.

Using the scheduling assistant is very helpful, when I am trying to set up a meeting with one or more others in my organization.  Microsoft says no one else has complained.  I talked with Vispero Tech support, and they blame Microsoft.  Meanwhile, I can't get a resolution to this issue, and probably won't unless a random update comes along and resolves the problem. The blame game doesn't help customers.  I wish we could get better support than this from both parties, instead of each blaming the other.  I'm a little frustrated with this type of response. 

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.