Re: Setting the Hotkey for Restarting JAWS

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
Typically if Jaws is already running, running Jaws again only brings up the Jaws main window.
Also, you can use many different key combinations to call up Jaws, as long as it does not conflict with a key combination already in use by another application.
I like to use shift + control + J for Jaws.
In the shortcut window, when defining a hotkey, if you only press one key, the default keys to go with it are control + alt.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Setting the Hotkey for Restarting JAWS

Hi

As stated above, you can define a key to start JAWS so the combination of Control+alt+(Chosen key(s)) will start a new copy of JAWS.    However it used to be that it will only start a new copy of JAWS and not stop a currently running copy of JAWS.  So as I have seen, you can have 2 copies of JAWS jabbering away at each other.  So to recycle JAWS, you first have to stop the currently running copy and then start the new copy of JAWS.  I believe that this is still true.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:46
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Setting the Hotkey for Restarting JAWS

Go to the JAWS icon on the desk top, press alt+enter--this will open the properties, tab over to shortcut hot key--press the letter or number that you want to use as the hot key, for example: 'j', then tab to ok. When you need to reload JAWS just press alt+ctrl+j, (or what ever key you set),  and JAWS will reload.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Chao via Groups.Io
Sent: June 16, 2019 10:23 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Setting the Hotkey for Restarting JAWS

Hi, Folks.  I want to set up a hotkey combination for restarting JAWS.
I want to youse ctrl-plus-alt-j to make this happen.  How do I go about doing that?  Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.