Re: Jaws Not Reading Outlook Express Messages

Glenn / Lenny

No on the preview pane, he did not change anything, that is the odd part.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Not Reading Outlook Express Messages

I forgot to ask, does he run his OE with the Preview pane showing?  There's other settings that could be making problems, but not knowing exactly how he's got it set-up it's hard to just start guessing.  Also, is this something that started all of the sudden?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it. 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:51 AM

Hi Mike, I think it's the latter OE.
He has to have a key to activate it.
We tried various WinAmp states, but we did not try Jaws 16.
Strangely it went away for a short time when switching to 2018, and again when switching back to 2019.
So I got the idea that just unloading Jaws and reloading it fixes it for a short time.
His display is set to the recommended setting, I think it was 1024 by 1280, or something like that.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Hi Glenn,

When you say Outlook Express the paid program, which Outlook Express are you referring too?  There's OE Classic and there's Outlook Express from Runas Xp that's the Outlook Express from XP rewritten to work with Windows 7, 8 & 10.

As far as the display setting you mentioned, this is the screen resolution setting and not display setting.  For screen resolution it takes some experimentation to get the setting that works best for someone.  For example, I use a 20 inch wide screen monitor at this house and a 17 inch monitor at the other house , but because of the different size monitors I have 2 different screen resolution settings for best all around viewing.  On the 20 inch monitor I have it set at 1280 by 800 and I don't recall what the other one is set at.

Another tip is to use Jaws16 if running the XP OE version rewritten to work with Windows 7, 8 and 10.  Jaws16 is the last version to have all the OE scripts.  Also, if the WinAmp window isn't minimizing it could be interfering with OE, but that's only a guess.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it. 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:07 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws Not Reading Outlook Express Messages

Hi,
A friend of mine is using Windows 7 and Outlook Express, the paid program, and the latest Jaws.
He thinks it is when he has WinAmp open, but I'm not sure that it is related to WinAmp.
But he opens a message and cannot read it.
If if he switches to an older version of Jaws, like Jaws 2018, he can read messages for a while, and he has the same problem.
If he switches back to 2019, he can read it.
If he unloads jaws and reloads it, he can read messages.
He did a jaws repair and that did not help.
He reinstalled Jaws and that did not help.
I'm wondering about his display settings, but Windows says that the 1280 by 1024 is the recommended settings.
So I'm not sure what might work.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Glenn

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.