Re: Outlook action and accessibility

chris judge

Hi Holjer. The below suggestions, as issued to us by our service desk at work can improved the experience with jaws, although these things are not critical.

You will find that Outlook 2016 is very similar to Outlook 2010. All of the hotkeys that you know from Outlook 2010 will still work as expected. There are some new features that you will find useful.

Initial setup

There are some settings in Outlook that should be changed to improve accessibility.

Turn off the Reading Pane.

To turn off the reading pane, press the following keys after opening Outlook:

Alt, v, p, n, o.

Turn off the to-do bar

To turn off the to-do bar, pres the following keys after opening Outlook:

Alt, V, B, O.

Turn off Grouping of Messages

By default, Outlook is set to display messages in groups such as today, yesterday, last week, etc. You may wish to turn off this option to make the message list easier to navigate.

To do this, press the following keys after starting Outlook:

Alt, V, A, B.

Then, arrow down to Show in Groups and make sure it is unchecked. If it is checked, just press Enter to uncheck it and return to the message list.