Re: Strange Event With Open Book

cheez

Yes, you are correct.  I just found the scanner choices in Advance and Device Selection.
It shows the old and new scanners, but I see nothing about Twain.  I'm wondering if it's under Properties.
I shall check.
Vince

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Strange Event With Open Book

Vince,
In open book I believe it's in advanced, and you can select the scanner there.

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:18 PM

I've tried looking for scanners in Settings, but I saw nothing pertaining to scanners.
Have they changed the category name?  If not, where do I find scanners?
Thanks, Rich.
Vince

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:41 PM

If you installed the software that came with your Cannon, then that could be the issue.
but select the Twain driver in Openbook scanner settings, and see if that makes a difference.
Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:34 PM, cheez <cheez@...> wrote:

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.