Re: Jaws Tandem

Victor Gouveia

Hi Jean,

I found the solution on a Freedom Scientific technical support bulletin.

It seems the problem, according to this bulletin has to do with permissions, so I have to make sure the JTVNCProxy  process is running, however, I have to make sure it’s running for the proper version of Jaws.

I think I figured it out, as I had set the process to run automatically without checking that it was the one for the right version, as I had just uninstalled an older version just before I connected, and when I set the process to start automatically, it must have been an old remnant from the older version.

My mistake was in not going further down the process list to see if there was another JTVNCProxy  which took the place of the one I activated automatically.

Thanks for your help, and I thought I would post it here for others to refer to.

For the record, the name of the technical bulletin was:

What do I do if the error message "Error 2153054207 (0x8054ffff) was encountered by Processor 1" displays when initiating a JAWS Tandem session?”

The solution is at the following link:

Hope this helps.

Victor

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2019 3:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Tandem

Hey Victor.

I thought that 0x80540057 looked like a windows error code (as in, from the OS itself) but I can’t find anything about it, or the other number either. Tried quite a few google search possibilities, which I know you could do yourself but I was curious also – absolutely nothing. Might be something for  JAWS tech support. Is the error happening constantly/every time you connect with this person?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor Gouveia
Sent: June 13, 2019 8:38 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws Tandem

Hi Folks,

Encountered aan error attempting a Jaws tandem session.

Anyone know what it means?

An error was encountered

Error 2152988759 (0x80540057) was encountered by Processor

OK

Thanks All.

Victor

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.