Re: reading minus signs for currency in excel

Ann Byrne

You have to set the punctuation to all.

At 04:45 PM 6/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi,

I want to be able to hear minus signs when there's a currency value in a cell for example minus £1. I can't do this at the moment.

I'm using JAWS 2019 with Excel 2016. I am using advanced verbocity level with the default punctuation level set to some in both the default jaws punctuation level and for excel.

If I change the punctuation level to most then it will read minus signs for cells formatted as currency. However, it also reads brackets and other symbols I don't want.

Is there any way to get JAWS just to read minus signs in excel at punctuation level some or to stop it reading brackets etc when the punctuation level is set to most?

Thanks,
Dave