Re: In Outlook Jaws does not start at the top of the body of the email.

Mr. Ed

My Outlook is set to not read automatically.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2019 9:48 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] In Outlook Jaws does not start at the top of the body of the email.

I don't experience this issue and just got a monthly update.  I'm running Win10 version 1809 pro.  Do you have JAWS set via quick settings to read automatically?  With autoread, I need to do nothing, but I can speed up the reading process by using the down arrow to skip initial text I don't want.  Default is set not to read automatically.

On 6/13/2019 6:03 PM, matthew dyer wrote:

Yep.

Have the same problem even with the June update of JAWS update and office 365.  Thanks for reminding me of this.  I am unable to reproduce it reliably;e.  It is really strange.

Matthew

On Jun 13, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Mr. Ed <pinky14@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure when this started happening. I don’t know if it started after the last windows update or the latest update of Jaws and Zoomtext. I have notice when I open an email in 2010 Outlook I was able to just hit the arrow up key and Jaws would be at the top of the email body. Now I have to press the ctrl + home key to go to the top of the email then press the down arrow to start reading. Anyone else experience this issue. Any suggestions on what I could change or do to make Jaws be at the top of the email body?

Mr. Ed