Re: Can Ofice 2019 home business be installed on a windows 8.1-64 computer?

David Ferrin

We asked this thread be stopped twice so far. Don’t make me go and mute it.

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Can Ofice 2019 home business be installed on a windows 8.1-64 computer?

Do agree with you. On this one. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Can Ofice 2019 home business be installed on a windows 8.1-64 computer?

Still, it makes no sense to upgrade from windows 7 to 8, or 8.1.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: June 11, 2019 8:18 PM

Windows 8 was a flop, like Vista was, but they came out with 8.1 and shortly after windows 10, and that is why there was a small market penetration.

Vista became pretty good after Microsoft's fixes, but most people went into 7 by then.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:49 PM

Not many, that's why it didn't last in the market; never had the penetration of Windows 7 or 10; and since mainstream support already ended over a year ago, and extended supports ends in 2023, you're better off just biting the bullet and going with Windows 10.

I know of no good reason why anybody would opt to upgrade to Windows 8 instead of going straight to 10.

If you are still using accessibility like Jaws or another screen-reader, you can still do it for free.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:40 PM

There are others who would disagree.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:34 PM

I would skip 8, it was not a good version.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:44 PM

I'm going to upgrade to 8 before 10, which may never happen if I'm lucky.

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Smile, I didn’t think there were any windows 8 users left.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Teresa Arroyo Llosa
Sent: June 11, 2019 3:29 PM
To: Jaws Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Can Ofice 2019 home business be installed on a windows 8.1-64 computer?

Hello all,

As subject say does ofice 20019 home business work in windows 8.1? I am a bit confused, because I read in the requirements that it worked on windows 10, but still I might have misunderstood; so I thought I might ask to see if any of you has it on windows 8.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Teresa Arroyo

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.