Re: jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Larry Volk

I have the forms options in my Chrome quick settings.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: June 10, 2019 7:59 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Mike,

At the risk of muddying things a little more, I don’t find the “forms mode” options in JAWS quick settings for Chrome. I’m guessing I made the change for Chrome in the main settings center, probably following similar steps to those you detailed. Right now, I don’t recall. I don’t know why these steps are available in quick settings for IE and not Chrome.

While I’m posting, I want to take issue with those who say there’s no real difference between IE and Chrome. Actually, Chrome’s menu structure is very different from IE and takes some getting used to. Firefox’s menus are different again, on top of the fact that Firefox periodically has accessibility problems. It’s true that the same navigation and other commands work across the board, which is a good thing. But the differing menu structures could be intimidating to a JAWS user who relies on the computer for certain limited purposes and doesn’t feel confident about learning new applications.

However, if Miriam is ever forced to switch to Chrome, she knows she has an army of thoughtful and willing advisors on this list.