From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 4:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Miriam,

Trust me, there is not really anything to learn.

The two main differences I can think of is that favorites in IE is alt + A and in FireFox, they are alt + B for bookmarks, and the other is in IE you do control to open a URL that you type in, and in FireFox and Chrome it's control + L for location.

But you use Jaws commands the same.

Strangely, IE works better sometimes for me, for example, it works better for putting in my weekly job searches on the department of labor, but FireFox and Chrome work better at the same site when I am submitting my contacts for my weekly unemployment check.

One thing I do when having problem with a site, is I do alt + D which places the cursor in the address field, and then I do the copy command, and go to the desktop and open another browser and do control + L or O, depending on the browser and paste in the URL and try it and usually if it is problematic for one browser, it will work well in another.

Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 2:55 PM

Actually, I do get that sound. I just didn’t think of the sound I get as what you called it. Thank goodness, I E is still working for me on all the websites I use because I truly dread having to learn to use a new browser. But very occasionally, I E just gets stuck and I need to reboot the computer to get it to start working again. Someone showed me how to use the task manager, but the fact that it isn’t working, doesn’t always show up in the task manager. So I know that at some point, I’ll have to find someone to show me how to use another browser.

Miriam