Re: jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Miriam Vieni

I had it set to turn the forms mode on automatically before, but this never happened before. Also, the person who was supposed to be helping me and who had to leave, told me it was best to remove the previous version because with Jaws 2019, I didn’t need the previous versions. I wasn’t comfortable with that, but I assumed, at that point, that he knew more than I did.

Miriam

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2019 11:50 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Hi Miriam,

It sounds like your, Forms Mode, is set to turn on automatically when you come to an edit field.  I don't know what setting you prefer, but if you only want the Forms Mode to open when you want it to, let the list know and someone can provide steps.  Or, steps can be provided to transfer your settings from your previous version into this newer Jaws version, if possible depending on which Jaws version you were running previously and if it's still installed.  Transferring your settings would probably be your best option, if possible.

Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2019 8:28 PM

Try pressing the PC cursor twice quickly.