Re: jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Miriam,

It sounds like your, Forms Mode, is set to turn on automatically when you come to an edit field.  I don't know what setting you prefer, but if you only want the Forms Mode to open when you want it to, let the list know and someone can provide steps.  Or, steps can be provided to transfer your settings from your previous version into this newer Jaws version, if possible depending on which Jaws version you were running previously and if it's still installed.  Transferring your settings would probably be your best option, if possible.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it. 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2019 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Try pressing the PC cursor twice quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Miriam Vieni
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:35 PM
To: jaws users list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

There's a newsletter called Truthout and toward the end of each article, there's a kind of insert where the reader is told that he or she can receive a daily summary by filling out the following form. There's then a place for one's email address and , if I remember correctly, a sign up button. Before my calamitous move to Jaws 2019, I was able to just arrow through that form quickly and resume reading the rest of the article which continues underneath it. Now, I can't do that any longer. I'm stuck there. I can't go back above it and use insert 2 to just read everything. I can't get to the bottom of the article and arrow up. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Another issue, Jaws is set at intermediate verbosity, where it was before. I often copy articles and post them on the Blind Democracy list. I have a routine way of doing that. I've copied the article into the message. I then go to the top of the message where the title is, copy the title, and shift tab once to the subject line where I paste the title. I can still do that.
However, Jaws is not saying shift tab as it did before. It says nothing when I press those 2 keys in that situation.

Another thing it has stopped doing, it doesn't tell me that I'm in the original message after I've replied to a message. I can find out, but it almost never tells me that automatically.

Perhaps this is all just a punishment for still having a Windows 7 computer?

Miriam

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.