Re: jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

Adrian Spratt

Try pressing the PC cursor twice quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Miriam Vieni
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:35 PM
To: jaws users list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws stops reading article because of an edit field

There's a newsletter called Truthout and toward the end of each article, there's a kind of insert where the reader is told that he or she can receive a daily summary by filling out the following form. There's then a place for one's email address and , if I remember correctly, a sign up button. Before my calamitous move to Jaws 2019, I was able to just arrow through that form quickly and resume reading the rest of the article which continues underneath it. Now, I can't do that any longer. I'm stuck there. I can't go back above it and use insert 2 to just read everything. I can't get to the bottom of the article and arrow up. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Another issue, Jaws is set at intermediate verbosity, where it was before. I often copy articles and post them on the Blind Democracy list. I have a routine way of doing that. I've copied the article into the message. I then go to the top of the message where the title is, copy the title, and shift tab once to the subject line where I paste the title. I can still do that.
However, Jaws is not saying shift tab as it did before. It says nothing when I press those 2 keys in that situation.

Another thing it has stopped doing, it doesn't tell me that I'm in the original message after I've replied to a message. I can find out, but it almost never tells me that automatically.

Perhaps this is all just a punishment for still having a Windows 7 computer?

Miriam