Re: Windows 10 Serch

David Bailes

Hi Tom,
If you're using the search box on the Start menu, you often get better results if you search for a specific category of results.

One way of limiting  a search to a category is by typing the category followed by a colon followed by your search terms. For example, if you are looking for a document which is either named fred or contains the word fred, you can type doc:fred. You can use the following words to specify the category which is searched: app, doc, folder, music, photo, setting, video, and web. Where appropriate you can also use the plural form of these words, so for example, you could search using either app:fred or apps:fred. You can also use document rather than doc, if you really want to type the extra letters.
David.

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 09:04 PM, Tom Fairhurst wrote:

When I search for a word, only a few files are found. For example, I search for trustee, and only three files are found. I know more files on my hard drive contain this word. Search everything doesn’t do much better; it only finds one file. Has anyone else experienced this.