Re: Major problem with spellcheck and Outlook and word

JOHN RIEHL

When I press the insert-numpad 8 I hear “read original sentence” and it reads the original sentence.

I can arrow to the dictionary choices. This is very tedious and not expected behavior. This is a clugey work-around at best.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Major problem with spellcheck and Outlook and word

Can you get the misspelled word verbalized by pressing JAWS key+numpad 8?

As for the alternatives list, try tabbing once to land in it and then going through the list with the down arrow.

This works for me in Outlook 2016. Word can function a little differently.

Which version of Office do you have?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:28 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Major problem with spellcheck and Outlook and word

Hi. I had this problem on my previous computer, but not 100% of the time. Now it’s 100%  (or maybe 99.999%) reproducible.

I go into Outlook or Word and generate an e-mail or document. I spellcheck – either by pressing F7 or by sending and having Outlook auto-spellcheck. The first error and suggested correction works fine. When I press a key combo (change, ignore, add, etc) the programs go to the next error, but JAWS does not  read them. It stops and says nothing. If I right-arrow I can hear the error letter by letter, but not the change suggestions.

I’m using latest JAWS, Windows-10 and Office 2019. This is a major issue and seems to clearly be a JAWS interaction issue.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

John Riehl

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.