Re: Weird!

David Ferrin

What kind of a subject line is this? Please review the guidelines.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Nestrud
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 7:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Weird!

JAWS is indicating the phonetic pronunciation of the letter when you
move to it and pause. You can adjust these settings in: Insert+6 for
configuration manager, Text Processing, General, Phonetic Announcement.

Chris

On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 05:51:34PM -0400, Miriam Vieni wrote:
I thought I solved my problem. Well, I did, sort of. Jaws is no longer
echoing words in Outlook or in word. However, it still occasionally says a
random word which starts with a letter that it seems to arbitrarily choose.
For example, I re-read the word, "occasionally", just now to check my
spelling, and Jaws then chose the letter I and said a word starting with
that letter . I've now used the insert 2 method in addition to the more
comprehensive insert 6 method, and I'm hoping that Jaws will stop providing
me with these random words.

Miriam