Re: picture smart

Kimsan

A meme is a virally-transmitted photograph that is embellished with text that pokes fun at a cultural symbol or social idea.

The majority of

modern memes

 are captioned photos that are intended to be funny, often as a way to publicly ridicule human behavior. Other memes can be videos and verbal expressions.

Some memes have heavier and more philosophical content.

The world of memes (which rhymes with 'teams') is noteworthy for two reasons: it is a worldwide social phenomenon, and memes behave like a mass of infectious

flu and cold viruses, traveling from person to person quickly through

social media.

According to Cecil Adams of

StraightDope.com,

the concept of memes "is either really deep or really, really obvious."

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...