Re: Echoing words

ratshtron <northstarr1950@...>

if you are in the settings center, shift tab to the o.k. button and press enter. if you are using the insert plus 2 just stop and start typing. with the insert plus 2 its only temporary and when you close the program or the module you are using the setting will go back to what's selected in the jaws settings center.

Legend has it that on Thursday 6/6/2019 06:06 PM, Miriam Vieni said:
----------------------------------------
Yes, but when I find the one I want, what do I do?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwa Cheng Kwang
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 6:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Echoing words

Insert 2 toggles through echo options. I

----------
From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io on behalf of Richard Turner <<mailto:richardturner42@...>richardturner42@...>
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 5:59 AM
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Echoing words

the quickest way seems to be to press insert-6 (that is the 6 on the number row)
That brings up the settings center. If you want this to apply for everything, press control-shift-d for the default settings.
In the edit box, write, typing and hit enter.
You should be on Typing echo words. tap your space bar until you get to off, if you want Jaws to remain silent, shift tab to OK and hit enter, you may need to do that a second time and then confirm you want to save the default settings.
HTH,
Richard

Check out my web site at: <https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C633c05971fbe4621637e08d6bb714c96%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636902492616129219&sdata=9qG6zwn2QJ9Xe5fJyao6MewzLG36u7TAieLK72Tg19c%3D&reserved=0>www.turner42.com
"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying. There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Miriam Vieni <<mailto:miriamvieni@...>miriamvieni@...> wrote:
How do you turn off the words echoing feature? I never had it before and I'm
not sure I like it.

Miriam

----------------------------------------

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.