Re: Echoing words

Glenn / Lenny

Since she did not do that before, I don't think her settings will stick on a reboot anyway.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Echoing words

A more simple solution, go to the jaws help, then arrow down to startup wizard!  Tab through the choices.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 5:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

It doesn’t just say characters. It says, “characters and words”. I can’t find a choice which says just “characters”.

Miriam

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:17 PM

If you want it to echo just characters, when it says character, shift-tab to OK and hit enter, and like I said you may have to do that again, then when you exit, Jaws will ask if you want to save the settings, of course select yes.

Hitting the spacebar toggles through those choices.

I hope that helps.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 4:13 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...> wrote:

It says none, word, character. So when it says, “word”, what am I  supposed to do?

Miriam

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwa Cheng Kwang
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:07 PM

You may have accidentaly toggle to word with insert 2. Just press insert 2 until none or other options. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io on behalf of Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...>
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 6:53 AM

I just don’t want the words to echo.

Miriam

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 6:00 PM

the quickest way seems to be to press insert-6 (that is the 6 on the number row) 

That brings up the settings center. If you want this to apply for everything, press control-shift-d for the default settings.

In the edit box, write, typing and hit enter.

You should be on Typing echo words. tap your space bar until you get to off, if you want Jaws to remain silent, shift tab to OK and hit enter, you may need to do that a second time and then confirm you want to save the default settings.

HTH,

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On Jun 6, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...> wrote:

How do you turn off the words echoing feature? I never had it before and I'm
not sure I like it.

Miriam

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.