Re: new computer / keyboard

chris judge

I’ve only seen this issue with laptops and all-in-ones.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: June 4, 2019 12:32 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] new computer / keyboard

this is a desktop computer Is there a problem with these machines?

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 11:25 AM

Not sure if you really need a full sized keyboard, unless that’s your preference, but you will want to check with the computer seller whether he can turn off the media key settings in the bios so that you do not need to press the FN key to get the function keys working as you expect.  In my experience, HP consumer models by default have the function keys doing things like controlling volume and brightness and so on, but business models do not.  Just have the guy give you a tour of the keys to be sure you aren’t missing some critical ones for JAWS commands and be sure pressing the function keys does what you need them to do by default.