Re: JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

Adrian Spratt

Thanks for the msinfo32 command. However, I don't seem to be getting JAWS to read all the details. For example, within the hardware section there's a line saying simply "Memory." I can't get any elaboration, such as by pressing F6, enter or right-arrow.
For the record, I have 16 gigs of RAM, so memory doesn’t explain my Chrome problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 4:24 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

Hi Adrian.

I don't know what is up with Chrome. I have noticed it seem to "break" on occasion but I still use Firefox a lot more often, so am not sure what causes this to happen, or if my experience is the same as yours.

To get system info, open the run box with windows+r and type "msinfo32"

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: July 21, 2018 4:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

On my new Windows 10 machine, JAWS completely stops reading anything in Chrome. Each time I reboot, they work fine together, but not for more than, say, an hour. Not only won't JAWS read content, but it also can't read menus, etc. When this happens, I select the webpage's address, and even though JAWS can't read it, I can paste the copy into IE and open the page there. Since Chrome is now my default, this is a serious limitation.

This machine is solid state. I'm confident I have enough RAM, but I haven't yet figured out where I can get system information and so can't report the exact number. Windows key+pause no longer does the trick, nor does opening properties on the C drive.

Any ideas?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.