Re: system repair

Steve

I don't think system repair will do that, because it just restores your system to what it was originally set at.

What you might try is Pc Decrapifier.  It will get rid of some of the other "junk" programs.  But, some things, you may need to delete separately, like those damn stupid PcTangent Games that seem to come on a lof of manufacturers' computers.

You can run it as a portable application from a USB drive.  It doesn't install anything on your PC.

The free version is the same as the "personal" version, although the personal version has a $5 donation to support future development.  There is a Pro commercial version for PC techs that has some extra features.

I haven't used it in a couple years, but it was accessible with Jaws when I did use it.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 6:54 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] system repair

I do not remember how to initiate a windows system repair but that is mute at the moment. I was in Staples this afternoon and took a quick look at some desktop computers. They have 2 HP systems one for a little over $400 and next week a larger model that should be around $450. I never had a brand name machine before all were home or custom built eliminating all of the junk that is pre loaded. Now my question is if I purchase one of these machines will system repair download windows and eliminate all of the junk?

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.