Re: HJPad

chris judge

Hey, I know, I have that times 3, lol.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: May 31, 2019 9:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] HJPad

I will call Monday. Regarding Bella and fish. She is very finicky. She is also demanding. After all she is cat and not a dog.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 6:36 PM

Maybe Bella would like a nice piece of fish, and then she won’t care about HJPad, grin.

As for HJPad not working, If Freedom Scientific cannot solve it, I’m at a loss.

It works fine for me.

I don’t know if you need to do a jaws repair or something.

But it seems to be a Freedom Scientific product only that is self contained within Jaws.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 4:12 PM

How do I fix my HJ? Help. My cat Bella is not happy that I can not use it.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 5:15 PM

Howdy Chedda,

I just added a word to the HJPad dictionary and deleted it.  If you want a word added, with a word selected while in the spellcheck dialogue you tab to, Add, and press the spacebar and if you want to delete a word while in the spellcheck dialogue you tab to, Dictionaries... button, and press the spacebar to open.  Now find the word you want to remove and tab to, Delete word button, and press the spacebar.  There's several other options, but I'm not going to go through all of them and bore everyone to tears.  This is the name of the HJ default dictionary:  ssceam.tlx

I haven't been able to find its location, but if I do I'll let everyone know.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 2:12 PM

HJPad has its own dictionary. The only thing is one can’t add a word to the dictionary. This baffles FS techs too.Vince

On May 31, 2019, at 1:10 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

I don't have spellchecking in Word turned on and my HJPad spellcheck works, so I don't know what dictionary HJPad uses.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 12:48 PM

Spellchecking in WLM has no bearing whether the spellcheck is turned on in word.

1, open word,

2, alt+f=file,

3, t=options,

4, p=proofing,

now tab and you can change various settings.

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 3:25 PM

I do, however I can check if you let me know how. PS I think is on because when I use WLM to send email, before I send the mail, my spell checker looks at my spelling.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 1:49 PM

well, HJPad here the spellcheck is working.

perhaps you don't have the spellcheck turned on in word.

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 2:06 PM

I have MS word but I just wanted to use HJ. Afterall I have it in my jaws. Want to know what to do get it working. Any help with this be good.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 12:58 PM

If you want a simple word processing program that is very similar to HJ Pad that comes with a built-in spell checker, take a look at Jarte:

http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Productivity/JarteDownloadPage.html

Gerald

Gerald

??

On 5/31/2019 1:38 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Did so my self but did not work. I do not think the file for the dictionary is there.

??

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 12:36 PM

??

Hi Holger,

??

I just tried doing a spellcheck in HJPad and it worked just fine.?? After I typed in a couple of sentences I pressed the, F7 key, and the whole document was spellchecked giving me all mispelled words with options for each word to ignore, ignore, change, change all or add.

Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 9:54 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] HJPad

??

Using w10 current and jaws 2019.HJPad does not work when doing a check spelling. Could not tell me when I misspell the word catt. Does the spelling check work?????????????????????.??

Holger Fiallo

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.