Re: system repair

Victor Gouveia

Hi Mike,

The computer’s warranty warranties the hardware. 

Software and peripherals are not covered under the computer’s warranty and are only covered by their own warranty.

No company will warranty software.

Victor

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 8:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] system repair

One thing to take into consideration is what will happen to a new computer's warranty if you don't keep / leave / put all that crap on the computer.  And with all the problems that pop-up with a computer it might be a bad idea to wait until the warranty runs out before removing the Crapware.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 4:43 PM

Doesn’t Microsoft have the media creation tool for making installation disks of the operating system?

I thought this was the case the last time I looked, and the key is not necessary since you sign in to your Microsoft account.

Am I wrong?

Victor

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 7:28 PM

Lenny,
To my knowledge, a system repair would not eliminate all that junk.
I think a certified repair person can download an image for a brand computer and reinstall Windows with your Windows key.
But as far as I know, companies like HP and Dell don't let us download clean images that will work with your product key.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 5:54 PM
To: JFW List
Subject: [jaws-users] system repair

I do not remember how to initiate a windows system repair but that is mute at the moment. I was in Staples this afternoon and took a quick look at some desktop computers. They have 2 HP systems one for a little over $400 and next week a larger model that should be around $450. I never had a brand name machine before all were home or custom built eliminating all of the junk that is pre loaded. Now my question is if I purchase one of these machines will system repair download windows and eliminate all of the junk?

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.