Re: system repair

Glenn / Lenny

The last time I used Microsoft's media creation tool to download a friend's Windows from his key, I got the message that this is a version of Windows that can only be obtained by the manufacturer of the computer and that I should use the recovery options in the boot menu.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] system repair

Doesn’t Microsoft have the media creation tool for making installation disks of the operating system?

I thought this was the case the last time I looked, and the key is not necessary since you sign in to your Microsoft account.

Am I wrong?

Victor

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] system repair

Lenny,
To my knowledge, a system repair would not eliminate all that junk.
I think a certified repair person can download an image for a brand computer and reinstall Windows with your Windows key.
But as far as I know, companies like HP and Dell don't let us download clean images that will work with your product key.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 5:54 PM
To: JFW List
Subject: [jaws-users] system repair

I do not remember how to initiate a windows system repair but that is mute at the moment. I was in Staples this afternoon and took a quick look at some desktop computers. They have 2 HP systems one for a little over $400 and next week a larger model that should be around $450. I never had a brand name machine before all were home or custom built eliminating all of the junk that is pre loaded. Now my question is if I purchase one of these machines will system repair download windows and eliminate all of the junk?

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.