Re: JAWS not reading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC documents

JOHN RIEHL

Worked perfectly! Thanks, everyone. I’m saving this set of instructions.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 6:30 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS not reading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC documents

Adobe did something that Broke JAWS, as Vispero tech support said, but it’s easily fixed.

Open Adobe, either from the icon on your desktop, or from the start menu.

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

There is a checkbox that says,

Enable protected mode at startup.  It’s checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck it.

If you get a warning message, that’s okay.  You need to change this to make it work.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Now it works as it should.