JAWS not reading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC documents

JOHN RIEHL

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my new windows-10 computer using the latest version of JAWS. My memory is that, when we tested Adobe a couple of months ago I was able to open and read a .pdf document.

Now, when I open a .pdf document using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the keyboard seems to be disabled and JAWS does not read the document. I’m unable to arrow around the screen using my keyboard. Interestingly, my friend, who helped me set up the computer, is able to maneuver around the screen using Quick Assist (he’s remoted into my computer) and is able to see documents on the screen.

This behavior is not document specific and is making it impossible for me to read important (to me) .pdf documents.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

John

Ps If there is an alternative  program to Adobe that will let me successfully read and convert .pdf documents to Word, I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks.