Re: major problem with JAWS and Outlook-2019 contacts

Tom Fairhurst

I have this problem, too. I go to my contact list and press Enter on a group name. Only one name is displayed. While on the name I can press right arrow or down arrow. I tab or shift-tab twice. The next name is then displayed. I can press the up arrow or left arrow to go backward in the list. The previous name is displayed. When you reach the beginning of the list, you must press the right rrow or dow arrow to move to the next name. When you reach the end of the list, you must press the up arrow or left arrow to move bck in the list. This same behavior occurs in the address book. Too bad that Freedom Scientific doesn’t care. I shouldn’t be that negative since they have a lot on their plate. Obviously, we need some help with this issue.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:20 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] major problem with JAWS and Outlook-2019 contacts

John:

I have experienced this exact same behavior, and it is quite frustrating.

Using the Jaws cursor helps a bit, but only gives me a partial group list.

It is also very difficult now to edit a group e-mail list.

If this is a problem for others, we need to continue to make FS aware of it.  I recall trying once a year or so ago when using the latest Jaws version with Outlook 2016 on an older Windows 7 computer, and didn’t get very far.  I’m currently using Outlook 2016 with windows 10, and keep hoping the problem will be addressed in later Jaws updates.

Tom Behler