Re: Scheduling Windows Defender to Automatically Perform Daily Scans

Chris

By default defender does scan everyday not once a week

From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: 30 May 2019 21:07
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Scheduling Windows Defender to Automatically Perform Daily Scans

My understanding is that Windows Defender will run scans once a week by default.?? So simply changing the time at which routine maintenance taks are performed will not force Defender to scan every day.?? From what I have read, the Task Scheduler must be used to set Defender to run daily at a specific time, but I could not find any way to do this with JAWS.?? So maybe the Task Scheduler is not fully JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 5/30/2019 3:38 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

It is not specific to virus scan its the time for when maintenance tasks are set to run, which includes a virus scan

??

The setting can be found under security and maintenance > maintence settings > change maintenance settings

??

??