Re: start up theme

Marie

I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up sound, since your screen reader lets you know when the system is booted up. But especially with the newer laptops, there is little or nothing to let you know if the system has shut down. This would be ever so much more helpful Thantthan the start up. It would be nice if the screen reader might give you a hint. It does stop speaking and that is a good indication but does not assure that the shutdown is complete.

From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:27 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] start up theme

Forget about setting a start-up sound.?? Is there any way to set a shutdown sound in Windows 10??? This event is not listed on the Sounds page list of events for which a sound can be assigned, unlike in Windows 7 and XP. In the absence of such a shutdown alert, how can you tell for shure that your computer has completely shut down and the power has turned off, aside from feeling the case to determine whether the fan is still running or pressing the eject button for the DVD tray, if your computer has one

Gerald

? ??

On 5/29/2019 8:08 AM, chris judge wrote:

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I???m not a moderator, but I???m just saying.

??

From: "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
To: mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 29.05.2019 13:24
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee