Re: JAWS is silent when moving up and down the item in JAWS settings center
Mike B <mb69mach1@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi Sim Kah Young,
Try the following:
1. Open the Settings Center with, Insert + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard and then press, Control, Shift + D, to open the default all applications.
2. Down arrow to, Speech Verboscity, and press right arrow to open then, down arrow 1 time and notice which level of verboscity you're using.
3. Down arrow to, Configure verboscity levels, right arrow to open and down arrow to your level of verboscity... and press the spacebar to open. Note: Do not press enter on your level of verboscity, only press the spacebar because pressing enter will close the Settings Center.
4. I use the Beginner verboscity so if you use the same level make sure everything is checked except for, Control Description.
5. If you make any changes tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, again tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.
If this is not what you need or doesn't fix the problem please write back and give more descriptive details of the problem you're having.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.
----- Original Message -----
From: Sim Kah Yong
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:45 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS is silent when moving up and down the item in JAWS settings center
With the latest version of JAWS, I encounter the above problem. However,
JAWS will only read when there is no other item to open with right
arrow. Does anyone encounter this and is there a solution? Thanks.
I am using windows 8.1 with the latest JAWS version.