Re: Setting Home Page In Firefox 67

Gerald Levy

Yes, it is.??
With the Adobe PDF add-on disabled, Adobe Acrobat Reader?? is now able to read PDF documents just fine in IE. I tested this using the list of JAWS keystrokes, which I downloaded using IE from the Freedom Scientific site as a PDF document. With the Adobe PDF add-on enabled, all I got when I attempted to open this page was an empty parent document message. ????

Gerald

On 5/26/2019 6:39 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Hi.

??

Not counterintuitive ??? are you sure Adobe Reader itself isn???t opening? Of course I can???t be sure but I don???t think iE is reading your pdf files at all.

??

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: May 25, 2019 9:59 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Setting Home Page In Firefox 67

??

??

As I mentioned previously, I followed another list member's instructions, and was able to get PDF documents to read in IE using Adobe Acrobat.?? On the IE Tools menu, I selected Manage Add-ons -Tool Bars & Extensions.?? I scrolled to?? all Add-ons?? in the combo box and hit space to display allAdd-ons?? and scrolled to Adobe PDF Reader. Using the context menu, I selected disable?? to disable this add-on which was enabled by default.?? I know this sounds counterintuitive, but apparently, the Adobe PDF add-on must be disabled in order for IE to read PDF documents.??

??

Gerald

??

ions

On 5/25/2019 9:26 AM, Mike B wrote:

???

Hi Gerald,

??

For others that could possibly be experiencing the same Adobe problem as yourself, how or what did you do to resolve your Adobe issue??? Thanks much.

Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.??

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 3:28 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] Setting Home Page In Firefox 67

??

Well, now that I solved the problem of getting Adobe Acrobat to work
with IE, I discovered that my new Windows 10 computer from Computers for
the Blind came with Firefox 67 already installed.?? I want to make
Google.com my home page, but I cannot find any option on the
Tools-Options menu to accomplish this.?? Previous versions of Firefox had
an option on the General tab of the options menu to set the home page,
but Firefox 67 seems to have a completely different interface and I
cannot find any way to set the home page.?? Any help would be
appreciated.?? Thanks.

Gerald

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.