Re: Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

richard kurlander <r.kurlander@...>

the microsoft doesn't know how to use acrobat to work with even their own screne reader windows narator. I turned off protected view in adobe dc and it reads however if people who write web pages don't tag them for accessibility you are dead.At 04:36 AM 5/25/2019, you wrote:

I agree. I used IE for years and switched last year.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
John Gassman
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 10:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

Hi Gerald,
I really wouldn't depend on IE for anything anymore. You'll have to switch
eventually.
Your experience really will be better with Google Chrome or perhaps Firefox.
IE is not supportted anymore.
the learning curve might be a little stiff but, better to move on now.
I can't even get my IE to come up anymore. I moved on to Chrome a couple of
years ago and its pretty good.
JohnAt 07:00 AM 5/24/2019, you wrote:

It appears that there is noAdobe plug in listed on the IE Add-ons
Manager, which explains why IE is unable to read PDF documents. In
fact, there are no add-ons listed at all.?? Fortunately, Adobe Acrobat
seems to work with Chrome and Firefox, so I guess I will have to use
one of these browsers to read PDF documents.?? Are there any other PDF
readers that work with IE that are JAWS accessible?

Gerald

On 5/24/2019 8:10 AM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
Gerald,
The Adobe plug-in needs to be disabled in the internet options -
add-ons section.
You probably will have to select all add-ons to find the adobe
plug-in. Once disabled IE will go ahead and call the external Adobe
reader.