Re: usb head phones

chris judge

Yes, I have these as well, they’re great.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: May 24, 2019 9:17 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] usb head phones

I agree these are great headsets. They are also wireless. You can find them on Amazon. Just type in the search field Logitech H800.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I believe you may be able to do what you want with the Logitek H800 headset. They have the USB dongle and a microphone also. With the switch you can also pair a BT device such as a smart phone. You can be using the headset on the computer but if a phone call comes in, just move the switch to BT and answer the call without even picking up the phone.

The headset is over the ear but I have no problem hearing everything around me me and they are very light weight.

I am not positive about routing Jaws to the headset, but believe it is possible to do this. Check them out.

Marie

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Richard, right now I have the main sound card and a usb card strictly for jaws. I just took a pair of ear buds and plugged them into my computer. There is no sound from jaws anywhere .I think I really need the usb. I know that I could change the plug on the usb sound card but would rather just select  in the utility menu

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Aftershokz has bone conduction headphones that are wired, with the standard 3.5 MM plug.

Most USB headphones I've seen are going to block your ears unless you only put them in one ear.

I believe the aftershokz wired ones are around $50 or so.

They are not high fidelity, but if you are mostly focused on listening to JAWS, they would be fine.

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On May 23, 2019, at 6:02 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Lenny,

I think USB is not what you would want.

You just need some headphones, like what was mentioned earlier, like a pair of bone conduction headphones.

I have a pair of Afterschox that I use when walking and I can still hear traffic.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:40 PM

Interesting, I called 3 and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:01 PM

Absolutely, there are a number of possibilities for you to pick from. Hit the local electronics store and explain to them what you want.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:47 PM

To: JFW List

Subject: [jaws-users] usb head phones

Is there a kind of ear bud usb device that I can use for jaws? I want something very light and that I can hear when someone is calling me from downstairs.

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.