Re: Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gerald,

I haven't followed this thread but, when I hear, Parent Document, I go to the file menu, choose, Save as, and save it as a Adobe ...file.  I don't recall the exact verbiage but, doing this saves the PDF file in Documents / My Documents folder and possibly the Downloads folder depending on where I saved to last.

Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

Hi Gerald,
I really wouldn't depend on IE for anything anymore. You'll have to
switch eventually.
Your experience really will be better with Google Chrome or perhaps Firefox.
IE is not supportted anymore.
the learning curve might be a little stiff but, better to move on now.
I can't even get my IE to come up anymore. I moved on to Chrome a
couple of years ago and its pretty good.
JohnAt 07:00 AM 5/24/2019, you wrote:

>It appears that there is noAdobe plug in listed on the IE Add-ons
>Manager, which explains why IE is unable to read PDF documents. In
>fact, there are no add-ons listed at all.?? Fortunately, Adobe
>Acrobat seems to work with Chrome and Firefox, so I guess I will
>have to use one of these browsers to read PDF documents.?? Are there
>any other PDF readers that work with IE that are JAWS accessible?
>

>Gerald
>

>On 5/24/2019 8:10 AM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
>>Gerald,
>>   The Adobe plug-in needs to be disabled in the internet options -
>> add-ons section.
>>   You probably will have to select all add-ons to find the adobe
>> plug-in.  Once disabled IE will go ahead and call the external Adobe  reader.

JAWS Certified, 2014.