IE is not supportted anymore.
the learning curve might be a little stiff but, better to move on now.
I can't even get my IE to come up anymore. I moved on to Chrome a couple of years ago and its pretty good.
JohnAt 07:00 AM 5/24/2019, you wrote:

It appears that there is noAdobe plug in listed on the IE Add-ons Manager, which explains why IE is unable to read PDF documents. In fact, there are no add-ons listed at all.?? Fortunately, Adobe Acrobat seems to work with Chrome and Firefox, so I guess I will have to use one of these browsers to read PDF documents.?? Are there any other PDF readers that work with IE that are JAWS accessible?

Gerald

On 5/24/2019 8:10 AM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
Gerald,
The Adobe plug-in needs to be disabled in the internet options - add-ons section.
You probably will have to select all add-ons to find the adobe plug-in. Once disabled IE will go ahead and call the external Adobe reader.
---hth ---
-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:14 PM
To: JAWS Users <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

Using JAWS 2019 with Windows 10, I cannot get Adobe Acrobat to work with IE.?? When I access a PDF document in IE, I get a page with an open parent document button, but when I click on it, nothing happens.?? On the Preferences mdialog, the enable protected mode check box is unchecked.??
What other settings do I need to change to get Acrobat to work with IE???
Thanks.

Gerald

JAWS Certified, 2014.