Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Distorted Speech Problem Has Returned

Hi Glen i was wondering how your sound issue is going now.

I have had the sound go on this laptop a few times a day for the last 3 days.

I have installed the latest win 10 and it still did it.

but i read that all our drivers must be up to date.

I have been in the device setting and tried updating all my drivers.

windows tells me they all up to date.

so i installed a driver updater and it found 8 out dated drivers including my sound driver.

So i will see how computer goess for next few days.

I have been looking for my scanner cd it got put away i let you know when i find it.

Cheers michael.

On 15/05/2019 4:00 am, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Memory should not be the problem for most things.
I have a laptop with only two gig of RAM and it runs well.
I think that the more programs we install, whether they are running or not, slow down a computer.
As soon as I get all my data backed up, I plan on reinstalling Windows 7 on this computer.
Although that may not be the cause of this issue, it may exacerbate the problem.
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:45 AM

Your system is a little lite on memory, but I wouldn’t say for sure that is the reason for the problem. I had this issue a long time ago and if memory serves it had something to do with sound card drivers.