From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:01 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Getting Adobe Acrobat to Work

It appears that there is noAdobe plug in listed on the IE Add-ons Manager, which explains why IE is unable to read PDF documents. In fact, there are no add-ons listed at all.?? Fortunately, Adobe Acrobat seems to work with Chrome and Firefox, so I guess I will have to use one of these browsers to read PDF documents.?? Are there any other PDF readers that work with IE that are JAWS accessible?

Gerald

On 5/24/2019 8:10 AM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
Gerald,
The Adobe plug-in needs to be disabled in the internet options - add-ons section.
You probably will have to select all add-ons to find the adobe plug-in. Once disabled IE will go ahead and call the external Adobe reader.