Alt+f=file,

T=options,

M=mail,

alt+c=compose,

now arrow and make your choice,

now shift+tab enter on ok button.

note:  you don't need to delete the e-mail just because a link won't work,

you could always copy the link to clipboard,

take it to your browser, paste into the addressbar, and press enter.

this should get you to the article information.

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:32 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws and links

Hi Robin and all,

Thank you for your segestions Robin, however none of those seem to work consistently. Do any of you very knowledgible people know how to set outlook 2013 so that it will process HTML? Look forward to hearing back from anyone who can help me! Thanks

Madison

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: May-21-19 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws and links

Madison,

It’s tough without seeing the articles, but here are the tricks I use for my newsletter emails.

1. If available, click the link in the email that often says something like, “if this email is not appearing properly, click this link to view in a web browser.”
  2. See if the title of the article is also a link.  In our daily industry newsletter here at work, I find the news story title is a link that works better than the “Read more” link for whatever reason.
  3. Try using the JAWS F7 keystroke to pull up a list of links in the email and activate the link from there.  I realize this may not work well if you end up with this list of links that all say “read more” or such, but you may find is helpful.

Let us know if that helps.

Using Windows 10, JAWS 2019, Office 365

Robin Van Lant

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 5:44 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws and links

Hi all,

I have a problem that’s driving me nuts. I am subscribed to a number of newsletters and most of them have links to click on so that you can either read eith the whole story or the rest of the story. My question is:

When I click on a link sometimes it opens but most of the time it doesn’t so I’m wondering, is there some setting or something that I need to change so that when ever I click on a link in one of these newsletters it will open in my browser? I’m using Jaws 15, Windows 7, Outlook 2013 and Internet Explorer. I really hope that someone can help me, lots of the time I end up having to delete the email because I can’t read the story/article that I want to read. Look forward to hearing back from anyone who can help me! Thanks

Madison

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.