Re: WinAmp Download

Glenn / Lenny

That site makes me nervous, I get a certificate error when trying to download from the .com site.
Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] WinAmp Download

Hi.

I don’t get anything from winamp.org either. But winamp.com still seems to be the official winamp web presence.

You can get version 5.8 beta there. There are lots of sites that contain v5.666, which is still what I’m using on my Windows 10 machine.

If you like, I can pass you a sendspace link for either of those – not much trouble to upload.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 21, 2019 4:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I had tried Winamp.org.

When that did not work, I searched for it, and not liking my results, wrote the list.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Fair enough. Well, I don’t think it gets any more official than winamp.com

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Hi,

I do web searches all the time in my spare time.

I did a search with start page, which is my home page, because I do so many searches.

I did a search for this before asking on the list, and I don't trust a lot of sites offering it up, that is why I asked here.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Hey Glen.

I don’t mean to be an ass, but while I have winamp and could probably upload the installer to sendspace or something, I don’t remember where I got it from – it was probably the result of a google search, at this point. I just did one and a whole bunch of results came up. I hate those “google is your friend” kind of guys, but, that’s how I find most of my stuff nowadays.

I just checked, too, and http://www.winamp.com is still active and contains the 5.8 beta that many users are currently running.

Unfortunately there seems to be s ecurity certificate expiration error. The download works though.

Sent: May 21, 2019 3:42 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] WinAmp Download

Hi,

Could someone send a WinAmp download link my way please?

Thanks.

Glenn

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.